Did you know that 75-90% of doctor’s visits are STRESS-RELATED ailments? Managing mental-emotional, physical and chemical stress is of top importance if you want to live a long, healthy life! Here are a few things you can do to better manage your #stress:
- AVOID unnecessary stress by learning to say no, avoiding people who stress you out, and paring down your to-do list.
- ALTER the situation by managing your time better, expressing your feelings instead of bottling them up, being willing to compromise, and dealing with problems head on.
- ADAPT to the stressor by adjusting your attitude, looking at the big picture, and focusing on the positive.
- ACCEPT the things you can’t change, look for the upside and learn to let go of anger and resentment.
- ALWAYS remember to make time for fun, relaxation, and meditation.
- ADOPT a healthy lifestyle through eating healthy foods, exercising regularly, eliminating bad habits (like smoking or consuming too much alcohol), and be sure you’re getting enough sleep every night (7-9 hours).